15:01:20 <scottda> #startmeeting cinder_testing
15:01:25 <openstack> Meeting started Wed Aug 24 15:01:20 2016 UTC and is due to finish in 60 minutes.  The chair is scottda. Information about MeetBot at http://wiki.debian.org/MeetBot.
15:01:26 <openstack> Useful Commands: #action #agreed #help #info #idea #link #topic #startvote.
15:01:28 <openstack> The meeting name has been set to 'cinder_testing'
15:01:30 * DuncanT waves
15:01:35 <akerr> o/
15:01:44 <cFouts> o/
15:02:48 <smcginnis> 0/
15:03:04 <xyang1> hi
15:03:10 <DuncanT> Do we have an agenda?
15:03:12 <scottda> No agenda today, so far....
15:04:03 <scottda> Anyone have test-related stuff in light of the imminent release deadlines? Must-haves, or such?
15:04:53 <smcginnis> scottda: I have to address review comments for my patch to update the devref test type descriptions.
15:05:05 <smcginnis> scottda: Hoping to get that today or tomorrow.
15:05:17 <scottda> cool
15:05:32 <DuncanT> smcginnis: In that, explicit details are the way forward
15:05:45 <smcginnis> DuncanT: Yeah, I agree. I will expand on it some more.
15:05:54 <ntpttr__> as an update on the bit I've done towards rolling updates validation, I looked into using Kolla for a while but found some complications there - there was a bug stopping the backup service from working and the upgrade playbooks make it difficult to upgrade each service incrementally to run manual/tempest tests in between
15:05:59 <smcginnis> Then hopefully we don't have to circle back yet again. ;)
15:06:58 <ntpttr__> I've started looking at 6 or 8 node devstack instead, and writing some scripts to make sure things work at each step and attached volumes / their data and all are still good
15:07:25 <smcginnis> ntpttr__: Nice!
15:08:29 <ntpttr__> quick q, for something like an in process backup, should a large scale cloud be able to pause the process if an upgrade happens while the backup is creating, or is it able to pick it up on another node?
15:08:35 <ntpttr__> what's the expectation for that situation?
15:09:12 <scottda> ntpttr__: Cool. Would you publish your setup somewhere (i.e. github) in case others want to use it? I think it'd be hard to get infra to use that...
15:09:15 <DuncanT> ntpttr__: At the moment, there's no recovery - the backup goes into error if you don't wait for it to finish AFAIK
15:10:13 <scottda> ntpttr__: Maybe wih ChunkeBackupDriver we could add a pause
15:10:22 <ntpttr__> scottda: yeah once I've got something going I'll publish, I've got sort of a WIP ansible multinode devstack thing going as well that deploys swift, cinder in the mitaka branch, and sets up the backup service and stuff
15:10:30 <ntpttr__> DuncanT: okay thanks
15:11:45 <scottda> I just got "Add experimental job for multi-backend cinder" approved...
15:12:12 <scottda> so, hopefully, that will allow "tempest retype with migration and volume attached" to move forward.
15:13:44 <smcginnis> scottda: And it just merged!
15:13:56 <scottda> yippee
15:14:47 <scottda> What else needs attention?
15:17:00 <openstackgerrit> Matan Sabag proposed openstack/cinder: Changes stats report for ScaleIO driver  https://review.openstack.org/356120
15:17:05 <scottda> let's call it then. Thanks!
15:17:14 <scottda> #endmeeting